A great radio voice is rare but this guy has one. He sounds great and seems like a good guy so I hope he can get a chance at radio and/or voice over work.
It's about time that TV shows understand the promotional benefit of the internet. Now if you miss a great guest like Artie Lange from the Howard Stern show, you can catch his appearance online!
I'm a long time Sirius Satellite Radio Subscriber and I'm bummed to hear that their prices might go up. I thought they were promising us lower prices after the merger. I'm just glad no one listened to me when I suggested buying Sirius stock which yesterday was about about 10 cents.
For a couple of weeks now there have been rumors about the actual wedding date for the world's most popular radio show host, Howard Stern and his model girlfriend, Beth Ostrosky. I'm pretty sure that the wedding will be tonight since it's been reported on Fox 11 here in Los Angeles and one of the reporters, Jillian Barberie-Reynolds was an invited guest. Now, unless they worked with Stern to throw people off, it seems like a relable source.
Here's what we know about the wedding so far: Kelly Ripa's husband, Mark Conseulos is performing the ceremony, Phoebe Snow, Natalie Maines (Dixie Chicks) and Pat Monahan (Train) will be singing. The rumored location is Le Cirque on 58th Street. Stern also has some famous friends like Billy Joel who could possibly perform and comedian Artie Lange will be giving the toast so it should be an entertaining wedding!
This should come as no surprise to anyone who is a regular listener to the Howard Stern radio show on Sirius Satellite radio. Artie Lange has been incredibly open with his problems with numerous drugs, alcohol, food and relationships and recently he even admitted to having a near breakdown after hearing about his ex-girlfriend, Dana dating someone else. It's been Lange's frankness about his life that has endeared him to so many of us who only hope that this stint in rehab can cure him of some of his many demons.
Anyone who knows anything about rehab or hasn't watched Dr. Drew's "Celebrity Rehab" understands that rehab isn't a magic cure-all and that it will take a lot more than a week to change habits that have been in place for have of Lange's life.
Most of us are anxious to hear what Stern and the crew will have to say about Lange when they return from vacation next Monday. (source - NY Post)
Most fans of the Howard Stern show on Sirius Satellite Radio already know that popular comedian Artie Lange had what has been referred to as a "meltdown" and quit the show. I'm a huge fan so I'm bummed but I'm also hopeful that he'll come back, that is if Sirius management lets him.
The quick recap is that Artie has always berated his assistant, Teddy and on last Thursday's show, he had enough of Teddy's ineptness. Stern poured gas on the fire but anyone who listens to the show knows that this is just par for the course. What happened next was shocking as Artie actually physically lunged at Teddy and had to be held back. We've seen Artie's health decline and recently he's seemed to not really care about his health or anything else but few expected him to snap in this way.
A few are saying that this is just a "bit" on the show but the fact that Sirius and Stern didn't rerun the show and that there's no mention of anything on the official Howard Stern website makes this all too real. We have to wait until Monday the 21st to see how this unravels but I suspect Sirius will have a problem with letting someone with a violent past back in the building without some serious measures taken. I hope Artie gets his stuff together and returns to the show because I can't picture the show without him but the bad news is that he's in Amsterdam now, doing God knows what.
Sirius Satellite Radio announced the new Sportster radio that will sell for $169. If you're not already a subscriber, this would be the radio to get! (source - Mobilewhack)
Features: Sportster 5 features:
- Large multi-color display: easy viewing and use
- Selectable colors: match your dash lights and mood
- SIRIUS Universal docking capability: add accessories to enjoy in your home, office or additional vehicles
- SIRIUS Replay(TM): pause, rewind and replay up to 60 minutes of live SIRIUS radio
- FM transmitter or stereo audio output to connect your vehicle's radio
- FM preset function: allows you to store the best FM frequencies in your area for optimum integration with your vehicle's radio
- 30 presets: enjoy fast access to your favorite channels
- S-Seek(TM) Alert: so you won't miss your favorite artists, songs and sports
- One-Touch Jump(TM) button: direct access to local traffic and weather, or your favorite channel
- Personalized sports ticker: real-time updates of your favorite sports
- Rotary tuning knob: surf channels on the fly
Sports Alert(TM): track your favorite sports team and race driver
- Parental controls: easily lock and unlock channels
- Alarm clock w/snooze: wake up to your favorite channel
- Complete vehicle kit includes everything required for most installations, including radio, dock w/suction cup mount and vent mounts, remote control, vehicle power adapter, magnetic mount satellite antenna and FM extender antenna
I can't believe that I missed Artie Lange appearing on Conan O'Brien last night! Too bad NBC didn't post the whole interview.
(Page 1 of 6, totaling 54 entries)